Archive for March, 2011
March 23, 2011 1 comment
What makes WordPress.com a Web 2.0 internet site?
- The ability to comment on blog posts, encouraging interaction between users.
- The ability to embed media such as videos or songs.
- The use of the website as a tool for social networking.
- Linking between other blogs, blog posts, and profiles to enhance further connectivity.
- The easiness and functionality of the website and it’s ability for simple personalization.
- Users can retain anonymity during online interactions, (relatively) free to post whatever they choose.
How is this Web 2.0 site able to remain sustainable with its vast amount of ‘produsers’?
- Selling layouts made by others, and like other Web 2.0 products such as the iTunes app store, taking a margin of the profit from each sale
- The ability for users to upgrade to “.com”
- Data mining